Model: Xperia Z Ultra (B)
Unlocked Sony Mobile Xperia Z Ultra Smart Phone (Black) Specs
|How To Get Your Ex Back||Burn The Fat|
|Penguins Mate For Life - Find Your Mate||Commission Auto Pilot|
More Sony Mobile Cell Phones Terms & Conditions
We can not guarantee that all of the descriptive information on this page is 100% correct.
When only the best is good enough - Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display with X-Reality for mobile
Xperia Z Ultra is the big screen phone that uses the very latest screen technology developed by our BRAVIA® TV engineers. The large, high-resolution 6.4" Full TRILUMINOS™ Display with X-Reality for mobile comes with a 1920 x 1080 progressive scan, for incredibly crisp pictures free of jagged edges. Paired with a pixel density of 342 pixels per inch, you get pictures that are razor sharp and superiorly bright.
- Quick benefits:
- 6.4" TRILUMINOS™ Display with X-Reality for mobile
- Full HD 1080p
- 342 pixels per inch
TRILUMINOS™ Display for MobileFor astonishingly authentic colour
Xperia Z Ultra incorporates TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile to present rich, authentic colours with subtle tones, while replicating bold colours including hard-to-reproduce reds, blues and greens. By integrating Sony's own unique display innovation, this technique delivers a significantly wider colour gamut, carrying a far more natural and vivid viewing experience with a heightened sense of depth.X-Reality for mobile
From low-resolution web videos to high-resolution movies - with Sony's latest picture engine, exclusive X-Reality for mobile - everything you see on Xperia Z Ultra's big screen is analysed and selectively processed to give clean, clear and lifelike pictures. Three unique noise reduction features work their magic prior to upscaling. While Sony's intelligent display technology analyses each image to optimise pixels, texture, outline, colour, contrast and noise, creating the best viewing experience possible.
- (1) Pixel reproduction:
- Sony's unique Super resolution technology analyses each pixel in an image and reproduces the ones that are lacking, giving you the sharpest images.
- (2) Texture and outline improvement:
- By selectively enhancing elements that help to render the texture and sharpen the outlines, images become clearer and crisper.
- (3) Colour and contrast enhancement:
- The Intelligent Image Enhancer reproduces the vividness of the image in its original colour. Pictures are selectively optimised by enhancing the contrast, making images look more detailed and true to life.
- (4) Noise reduction:
- Intelligent Noise Reduction decreases noise which can sometimes occur in high-motion scenes or footage shot in low-light conditions. As a result, images become clearer and smoother.
Experience more. Xperia Z Ultra displays 60% more than a standard smartphone*.
- * Display area available compared to smartphones with a 5" display or smaller.
You get 6 icons per row on your home screen, instead of the standard 4.Less reflective, more responsive - OptiContrast™ & Direct Touch
We've eliminated a layer of air in the construction, bringing the touch panel closer to the display. This OptiContrast™ panel makes for less reflection and clearer viewing - even in bright sunlight, as well as creating a seamlessly black surface when the phone is turned off.
By eliminating the sensor layer and integrating the sensor on the lens, we've managed to increase the responsiveness of the screen. So your touch is more effective and the experience on your Android smartphone is more intuitive.
- Less reflective, more responsive. Experience OptiContrast & Direct Touch with your Xperia Android mobile.
- (1) Lens
- (2) Removed air layer
- (3) Sensor layer
- (4) Display
Design & DurabilityAttention to every detail
Created in collaboration with Sony consumer electronic experts, Xperia Z Ultra does an excellent job of merging design with technology, creating a big screen phone with symmetry and balance in all directions. Quality craftsmanship and attention to every little detail means we've only selected premium materials that are nothing less than beautiful. Both the front and back are made of glass, with a seamless, refection-coated surface. The result? An Android smartphone that mirrors the world around you, while letting you get so immersed in the content that the hardware virtually disappears.Ultra slim and ultra light
How can a 6.4" big screen phone manage to be this slim and light? We've eliminated a layer of air and brought the display closer to the lens, for added touch sensitivity and a smaller size. We then paired this with a new component layout and a skeleton frame. The outcome is a Android smartphone that allows for a slimness of 6.5 mm and a weight of no more than 212 grams, making Xperia Z Ultra extremely portable and easy to hold in one hand.Durability
Waterproof and resistant to dust and scratches, this Sony big screen phone is ultra durable.Ultra tough
To make sure that this big screen phone can handle whatever life has in store, we designed it to be super durable. The high IP55 & IP58 rating means it's waterproof* and dust resistant, so feel free to use it in the rain and bring it to the pool. Both the front and back panels are made with durable tempered glass, coated with an anti-scratch film. And the skeleton frame is made of tough glass fibre polyamide. It has superior mechanical strength, and is so strong that it's often used as a metal substitute in cars and electronics.
- Quick benefits:
- Waterproof* up to 1.5 metres
- Dust resistant
- Mechanical strength frame
- * In compliance with IP55 and IP58, Xperia Z Ultra is protected against the ingress of dust and is waterproof. Provided that all ports and covers are firmly closed, the phone is (i) protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions in compliance with IP 55; and/or (ii) can be kept under 1.50 metres of freshwater for up to 30 minutes in compliance with IP58.
ProductivityPen input from anywhere
With its highly responsive screen that's compatible with a pencil or stylus, this big screen phone lets you take notes using Notebook or Sketchbook. In fact, you can even take notes from a locked screen and during calls. And the high accuracy and low latency offers exact precision, for a truly authentic pen- and paper feel.Transform your handwritten notes
Xperia Z Ultra comes with handwriting recognition, meaning that your handwritten notes get optically scanned and converted into text. As a result, you can easily insert your notes into whatever field you're editing.Save time through multi-tasking apps
The multi-tasking apps also help you improve productivity, so that you don't have to lose any valuable time going between windows.Keep one hand free
Prefer typing? The design of this Android smartphone paired with the easy-toggle keyboard that has both right- and left handed support makes it ideal for one-handed input.
Processor & Battery
Blazing fast performanceThe world's fastest smartphone processor***
We've matched the latest Sony software with the all new, super powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor. This advanced Quad-core processor is 75% faster than S4 Pro and gives you maximum power and speed with outstanding battery time - run multiple apps simultaneously, surf the web with little loading time, and stream videos without a break. The Snapdragon 800 processor is asynchronous, which means each core is powered independently. So you get the precise amount of power when you need it, without wasting power when you don't.
- ***Specifications of Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor verified by Strategy Analytics' SpecTRAX service as of 7th of August 2013. For more information on Strategy analytics results, click here.
Delivering up to 50% increased graphic performance*, the updated Adreno 330 GPU (graphics processing unit) gives you the most advanced and visually stunning 3D games, and lets you browse the web lightning fast - all while using the lowest power consumption.
- * Compared to its predecessor, Adreno 320
- TM & ©2013 Marvel & Subs ©2013 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries.
Your Xperia smartphone has a built-in LTE/4G modem. This enables blazing internet connections with up to 100 Mbit/s download and 50 MBit/s upload speeds.Always loud and clear - HD Voice*
HD voice*eliminates background noise to improve voice clarity. That means that you can talk normally and be heard clearly, without having to raise your voice, even in noisy environments. Now you don't have to shout to be heard, or try to find a quiet place for your conversation.
- * HD voice functionality is operator-dependant.
BatteryAn amazing battery to match an amazing display
Battery life is key when choosing a big screen phone. And the display remains the biggest drain on battery, Sony's battery and display technology have been developed together so you to enjoy your Xperia Z Ultra to the max. Even with heavy duty phone and data usage, the 3000 mAh battery will give you an outstanding standby time, allowing you to go longer between charges.Significantly improve battery life with Battery STAMINA Mode
Android smartphones use a lot of power, even when you're not actively using them. All those apps that you have on your phone may still be running in the background, draining your battery. Battery STAMINA Mode saves you wasted battery drain. It recognises when you're not using your display and automatically turns off the functions you don't need, while keeping the notifications you want. As soon as you press the power button to wake up your screen, everything is up and running again.
Get only the important notices
CameraStunning shots in any light - 8 MP camera with Exmor RS™ for mobile
The 8 megapixel camera is built with the same modules as leading Sony cameras. Exmor RS™ for mobile is an evolution of our Sony image sensor technology, with a next-generation BSI light sensor. By adopting the technology of luminance and colour noise reduction, we've created a camera that snaps highly detailed shots with low noise - even in challenging lighting conditions. You're now also able to reproduce objects in more vivid colours and capture night images and faces in stunning clarity.Optimised imagery with HDR for photos and video
HDR for photos and videos captures natural colours in any light. HDR (High Dynamic Range) is an imaging technology used to capture clear photos against strong backlight. With HDR, the camera captures the same image at different exposure levels and layers them to create one optimised photo. And Sony HDR for video lets you film in high contrast situations, like in front of a window or with the sun behind your subject.Always the right setting - Superior Auto
Now it's always easy to get a great shot. With Superior Auto, you don't have to know the ins and outs of camera settings to make use of them. In Superior Auto mode, the camera combines Scene Recognition with high quality and high performance image processing technology (HDR and noise reduction) to automatically shoot with the optimal settings. And your Android smartphone device is automatically optimised for 36 different scenes, so you always get the best shot.
ConnectivityOne-touch functions from Sony
Sharing with friends and connecting your world has never been easier. Based on NFC (near field communication), our one-touch functions connect one device to another in a single tap. No wires, cables, or fiddling with settings necessary.One-touch sharing
Share photos, music and more between two phones, or between your phone and an NFC-enabled laptop with a single touch onto the other device.One-touch listening
Play the music on your Android smartphone through a wireless speaker or wireless headphones.One-touch mirroring
See photos from your phone on your TV. Simply touch your Bluetooth smartphone to the remote from your BRAVIA® TV to activate screen mirroring.One-touch backup
Whether you take pictures on your Xperia smartphone, tablet or camera, now you can store them in the same place. The Sony Personal Content Station™ is a wireless hub for photos and videos.From your smartphone to the big screen
Want to share your memories on the big screen? Or go from headphones to speakers? "Throw" content from your Bluetooth smartphone to your Wi-Fi-enabled TV through screen mirroring or DLNA, or send your tunes to a speaker via Bluetooth. Using "Throw", a smart application integrated into your Xperia apps, your smartphone finds the best way to wirelessly connect to other devices. With an MHL cable, you can also mirror your phone's full user interface on your TV and enjoy movies, games and more while charging.Smart Connect
Make your life simpler by setting up how your smartphone behaves when it connects to other devices. Open your music player when you connect your headphones, organise your Sony Android SmartWatch, or activate your alarm clock when your phone touches the charging dock. Smart Connect is the software that lets you manage all your smart accessories.
- 212 grams
- 179 x 92 x 6.5 mm
- Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 Quad Core
- Dust-proof and water-resistant (IP55 / IP58)**
- On The Inside
- Display and Design
- 6.4", 16 million colours, 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Capacitive touchscreen with on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- Pen input with stylus
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
- Face Unlock
- Gesture input
- STAMINA mode
- Triluminos™ Display for mobile
- X-Reality™ for mobile
- Up to 16 GB
- microSD™ card, up to 64 GB (SDXC supported)
- Flash Memory
- Expansion Slot
- GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz****
- HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz****
- (Bands I, II, III, IV, V, VII, VIII, XX)****
- Connectivity and Communication
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- DLNA Certified
- MHL support
- Media Go
- Media Transfer Protocol support
- Micro USB support
- Native USB tethering
- PC Companion
- Screen mirroring
- Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync, Google Sync and Facebook
- USB charging
- USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support
- Xperia Link
- Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality
- Camera and Video
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus
- 16x digital zoom
- Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
- Continue burst mode
- HDR for photos & videos
- Face detection
- Front-facing camera (2 MP 1080p
- HD video recording (1080p)
- Image stabiliser
- Object tracking
- Picture Effect
- Quick Launch
- Scene recognition
- Send to web
- Smile shutter
- Image sensor
- Superior Auto
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch focus
- Touch capture
- White balance
- Pre-loaded Applications
- Google Chrome****
- Google Play****
- Google search****
- Google Voice Search****
- Google Maps for Mobile with Street view and Latitude****
- NeoReader™ barcode scanner****
- 3D games
- Motions gaming
- PlayStation Certified
- FM Radio with RDS
- Reader mode
- SensMe™ slideshow
- Sony Entertainment Network (selected markets only)
- TV launcher
- Video streaming
- YouTube (selected markets only)
|Battery||Network||Talk Time||Standby Time||Video Call Time|
|Li-Ion 3050 mAh||(2G)||Up to 14 hrs***||Up to 790 hrs***||-|
|Li-Ion 3050 mAh||(3G)||Up to 16 hrs***||Up to 820 hrs***||-|
|Li-Ion 3050 mAh||-||Music aprox 110 hrs***||-||-|
|Li-Ion 3050 mAh||-||Video aprox 7 hrs***||-||-|
- Mega Bass™, Memory Stick Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick Micro™, M2™ and Xperia™ are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- * Specifications verified by Strategy Analytics' SpecTRAX service as of 24th of April 2013.
- ** In compliance with IP55 and IP58, Xperia™ Z Ultra is protected against the ingress of dust and is waterproof. Provided that all ports and covers are firmly closed, the phone is (i) protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions in compliance with IP 55; and/or (ii) can be kept under 1.50 metre of freshwater for up to 30 minutes in compliance with IP 58.
- *** Values are according to GSM Association Battery Life Measurement Technique as performed in controlled laboratory conditions. Actual time may vary.
- **** Not available in all markets
- Copyright © 2013 Sony Mobile Communications AB. All rights reserved